Family Support Team
I am the school Family Worker Mrs Zaidi, I have many years of experience supporting families. My aim is to empower families and give them tools for a better outcome for their future. At Icknield every Family Matters, by working together we can make a positive difference.
What We Do
- Organise a variety of sessions including Stay and play and Keep Fit and much more….
- Work with outside agencies to support the families
- Work closely with Adult Community Learning to offer Family Literacy and Numeracy Courses
- Run an 8 week Parenting Course
- Work very closely with the charity Level Trust who run a Uniform Exchange shop in Luton and offer other means of support when needed
- Support individual families with issues around housing, employment and benefit advice.
- Help with CV writing and employment advice.
- Offer support to families who are EAL and new to the country
- Help with filling in forms
- Home visits
- Provide food parcels and toys for children who are in need of extra support
- Offer advice and support around homework and children’s learning
- Arrange School Nurse workshops once a term where parents can seek advice around healthy eating, behaviour and other health issues.
- Arrange affordable family day trips to the Seaside.
I am available to be contacted on the School number 01582 534000 EXT 3 or you are welcome to pop in and see me. I would love to see you at our sessions.